I can’t deny that I have a bit of a thing for Justin Timberlake. I like to think that “Bring it on down to Omeletteville” and his snarky portrayal of Napster founder Sean Parker in Social Network make up for his poor choice of tech start-up investments. And it’s been entirely too long since his last album.
Enter: “Suit & Tie.”
Apparently, the world of music videos has changed a bit in the last oh, I dunno, 10 years since I actually legitimately watched a real music video. Justin Timberlake’s new album, The 20/20 Experience, comes out next month and “Suit and Tie” is the first single to be released. There was a teaser video and then an “official lyric” video and this morning (just in time for Valentine’s Day, you handsome devil!) he released the “official” (“official” official?) video, directed by David Fincher.
And the more I listen to this song and the more I watch both the official lyric and official official videos, the more I like this song. Oh, and the more I like Justin Timberlake, natch.
So here, in all its resplendent glory, is exactly why I’m digging this song and two of its videos right now. Behold the black and white coolness of Mr. Timberlake and friends.
8 Moments of Hotness and Hilarity
from the “Official” Suit and Tie Video
1. Hilarity: The Most Important Meal of the Day
2. Hotness: You drop that beat, son.
3. Hotness: Lights, Camera, Fashion
4. Hotness: Cameo by Jay-Z
5. Hilarity: When old school and new school audio engineering meet
6. Hilarity: David Fincher’s tribute to “Flashdance”
7. Hilarity: Justin Timberlake’s lost “Cirque du Soleil” demo reel
8. Hotness: Justin Timberlake’s Tribute to “Singin’ in the Rain”
And, because hey – what’s a little more eye-candy on this fine Valentine’s Day? Here are some more fabulous screenshots from his “Official Lyrics” video.